Eduard Tubin. Works for Violin and Piano. Vol 1
Magic of Sound (Ralf Taal)
Joy and Sorrow Unmasked (European Union Baroque Orchestra, Lars Ulrik Mortensen)
Locus amoenus (René Eespere)
The Best of Arsis Bells (Arsis, Estonian National Symphony Orchestra, Estonian National Male Choir, Aivar Mäe)
Faust (Ain Anger, Estonian National Opera)
Modigliani − the Cursed Artist (Estonian National Ballet, Risto Joost)
Excellent group frpm St Petersburg: Mikhail Krylov (bayan-accordion), Kirill Evseev (balalaika), Anna Shatilova (alto domra), Darya Nefedova (bass-balalaika), Ksenia Kvochko (bayan-accordion).
ESSE-Quintet is a bright modern ensemble, playing on folk instruments. The ensemble was created in 2007 by the students of the St Petersburg State University of Culture and Arts and Rimsky-Korsakov St Petersburg State Conservatory. All the members of the ensemble are very charming, artistic and are masterly musicians. On their technically and timbre wise unique instruments, they have control over; works written in the genres of folk and classical music, in all their rich variety of styles and songs, as well as the compositions made in a currently popular style “classical crossover”, where complex musical image is created using intonations of different genres and styles.
Legendary Tomas Broman, one of the founders of the international organization called WOMAD and the artistic director of more than 175 festivals, held in 27 countries of the world, said regarding the performance of the ensemble at the Terem Crossover competition: “ESSE-Quintet from St Petersburg are great. … these young people are fantastic musicians and deploy the by now familiar folk instrument line-up of balalaika, accordion and lute in a dazzling and witty performance… But this lot would be a triumph at any UK festival”.
In a short period of time the ensemble has become the winner and holder of Grand Prix at 6 international competitions, held in Russia, Italy, Sweden and France. Currently it is the most titled ensemble of the Northern capital of Russia.
Versatility of the program, amazing musical arrangements; creating the impression of the sound of a real orchestra; imagery performance and soulful solo are the characteristic signs of this ensemble.
The ensemble maintains active concert activity in Russia and Europe.
● I Prize at I international competition of performers of national instruments Prikamye 2008, Perm (Russia), 2008
● Grand Prix at the international competition Citta di Lanciano, Lanciano (Italy), 2009
● I Prize at the international competition of music of Astor Piazzolla of Libertango, Lanciano (Italy), 2009
● Grand Prix at the international competition Silver Tuning Fork, St Petersburg, (Russia), 2009
● Finalists of I international musical competition Terem Crossover, St Petersburg, (Russia), 2010
● Grand Prix at I international musical competition in Stockholm (Sweden), 2010
● Grand Prix at the international competition of bayan-accordion players in Roubaix (France), 2010
● I Prize at 48th international competition in Klingenthal (Germany), 2011
● First Youth Award of the Government of St Petersburg (Russia), 2011
● I Prize at 65th international competition Coupe Mondiale, Spoleto (Italy), 2012
Download photo of ESSE-Quintet, colour, jpg, 300 dpi, 6 MB
Since January 1st, 2012 represented by ERP
See also other ethno-artists represented by ERP